How to access Netgear Genie for Your Router?
In today’s fast-paced online world, Wi-Fi and Internet access are the utmost importance. We can’t endure for a minute without internet access. It has become a necessity! As we say “necessity is the mother of inventions,” to curb this need of internet access people have come up a lot of new inventions which make our lives easy and comfortable. Such a brand name is Netgear! and the name of the App is the Netgear Genie App.
Access control on Netgear Genie
Netgear’s products include a variety of hi-tech devices which consist of wired or wireless devices for network and broadband connectivity. Netgear’s products focus on user-friendliness and its reliability. Recently, Netgear has launched its Genie app which helps you to manage your router on your finger-tips! Netgear provides a free iOs and Android mobile app. Here are many things which you can control through this Genie App:
- Password protected app.
- Control your home network from your tablet or Smartphone
- Reboot your router
- Easily monitor the network.
- Repair and diagnose network issues.
- Set up Guest Wi-Fi network
- Pause internet access and Enable Access Control.
- Set up parental controls.
- Track your data usage.
- Network map which allows you to block the network of the connected devices.
Download the Genie App for your iOs or Android mobile devices. If already downloaded the app, you can update the previous version.
Steps to Create Netgear account for your Netgear Genie App
Note: If you have already created a Netgear account for other Netgear app, you can use the same credentials for this Netgear Genie app instead of creating a new one.
To create a Netgear account by Genie mobile app:
- Connect the router’s Wi-Fi network with your mobile device.
- Launch the Genie mobile app.
- Click on the CREATE NETGEAR ACCOUNT.
- Fill up the account details on the registration page displayed.
- Complete the account registration fields by filling up relevant information, and agree to the terms and conditions and then Click on the NEXT button.
- A verification email will be sent to your mentioned email address.
- To verify your Netgear account, log in to the email that you used to create your Netgear account. Follow the emailed instructions to you from the Netgear Genie customer support.
- Hit on the FINISH AND LAUNCH APP in the genie app on your mobile device. The dashboard will be displayed.
- Your Netgear account is activated.
Log in to your router using the Netgear Genie mobile app:
- Attach your mobile device to the router’s Wi-Fi network.
- Open the Genie mobile app.
- Tap on the SIGN IN button.
Note: If you don’t have a Netgear account, then create an account.
- Enter your Netgear account details and click on the SIGN IN button.
- Enter your router’s admin password and hit on the login button.
Hope these tips help you to setup Netgear Genie with ease!
We are an online service provider for routers. Our Netgear Genie Support team of certified technicians are all set to deliver unmatched services to the customers. If still facing any issue, Feel free to opt the option of live chat available on our website.